Sunday, December 02, 2007

radical cartography

I was drawn into the radical cartography website through the following image in ffffound:



I'm a sucker for scale comparisons. Poking around, I found a lot of other wonderful map-mashups:



Including this awesome series called "The Errant Isle Of Manhattan" in which the aforementioned island goes on a sightseeing tour (inspired by Rem's epilogue in Delirious NY, natch):






I'd like to see this continued. Maybe New York should go on a European Tour? Visit the Dead Sea? Or maybe enact an epic naval battle against Key West and the Fleet of Venice? Or float North, eventually embedding itself within the seasonal ice in the North Sea, only being freed after decades of global warming?

Kind of reminds me of this Lie-Ins and Tigers drawing:

No comments: